I asked the ever lovely Chapter President, new mom, and Queen of Las Vegas, Kristen Schaefer, to tell us a little more about what makes the Las Vegas Chapter so special. What it's like to lead such an engaged group of members? What the chapter hopes to accomplish this year? Here's what she had to say! Don't miss her tips for where to go when you're in town!
What makes the Las Vegas chapter of the USBG unique?
I would have to say our camaraderie! Our chapter is very involved with helping each other, building each other up and creating a family like vibe to our community.
What do you like best about attending USBG chapter meetings?
I love hearing ideas from other members, you can’t build a solid community with one idea or mind. It takes a team!
What are the major goals for the chapter this year?
- To maintain our status as the largest chapter in the United States.
- To raise a solid amount for our charity of the year, Shadetree
- To continue the path of helping our members be successful
What do you enjoy most about leading the chapter?
The feeling that I was able to make a difference for our members and the Las Vegas community.
What would you share with members considering greater involvement with their chapter?
That’s easy! Just email me, I’ll give you something to help with! There are always so many projects and events going on that extra hands are always a bonus.
If we're visiting, what should we make sure to put on our must-do/must-drink list?
- Visit Herbs & Rye
- Order the Verbena at the Chandelier Bar in The Cosmopolitan
- Eat at District One, Pho Kim Long and Lotus of Siam
- See the crew at Oak & Ivy
- Have Seogha Lee hand carve you an ice ball at Mandarin Bar
**There are many more! Feel free to reach out to us in Vegas for more suggestions!!